landscape on skis
CROSS-COUNTRY SKIING IN THE ZILLERTAL VALLEY
Cross-country skiing is one of the best alpine sports when it comes to physical and mental health. There are few feelings like gliding through the snowy landscape on two skis and watching the mountains and valleys pass by. The Zillertal Valley is home to a large network of cross-country skiing trails designed to cater to both the traditional Classic technique and the modern and dynamic Skating technique.
- 200 kilometres of cross-country skiing trails along the Zillertal Valley
- Trails for both Classic and Skating technique
- Direct access to the trails from our hotel
- Over 50km long trail from the hotel heading into the valley towards Mayrhofen
- Floodlit trails for nighttime cross-country skiing
There is a 50km trail leaving right from our hotel and heading into the valley towards Mayrhofen. A great way to enjoy the landscape at your own pace.
COURSES & EQUIPMENT HIRE
Cross-country skiing is a workout for the body and a time-out for the mind. Guests new to the sport but keen to give it a go can hire all the necessary equipment right here.
In Zell am Ziller you will find four rental shops and two cross-country skiing schools with friendly and experienced instructors happy to show you the correct technique.